Friday, July 22, 2011

Too hot to think.....

Today's miles: 2.5

Maybe I should start posting the temperatures and humidity levels too. 2.5 miles doesn't sound so bad....unless you are running it in a sauna. The only place where it should be 90 degrees at 6 a.m. is on the shore....with an ocean breeze....and a cold drink....now THAT would be okay with me.

So my blog's been pretty quiet this week. I've not been overly busy. I've had my normal days...some even shorter than others. I've just lacked in all inspiration this week. Nothing has seemed funny, weird, ironic, disastrous or much of anything except too damn hot to me all week. I come back to the hotel every night and just crash in an internet surfing daze.

But I need to get my thinking cap on because I've got to come up with some goals for tomorrow's race! I read once that you should set 3 goals for each race. Sometimes you can meet them all, but not always. It just may be my 'off' day tomorrow. That's why you need 3 - you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket....because they may all be poached by the end of the race.

Here's my first attempt at goal setting:
First goal......do not die.
Second goal......start hydrating today!
Third goal.....do not almost die

But other than that, I'm having a hard time setting my goals. I need/want to be conservative because of this incredible heat. But I don't want to cross the finish line with regrets, thinking I could've done more (like at the 5K in May).

Maybe a 6 hr drive home in the air conditioned car will allow me to think some today.

Gotta run....

No comments:

Post a Comment