Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Big O


Today's Miles: 621 miles.....on my butt. On my feet...0. It's a "Rest Day."

It’s time we have a serious discussion. There’s no need to whisper about it. No need to be shy, embarrassed or appalled. Really – it’s the Big O. We’ve all had one. We all want another one. Just admit it and we can move on.

Some people enjoy them on a regular basis. Some have them frequently. (Can you have too many?) But sadly, there are those that have never experienced this kind of heavenly bliss. Yes. Really. There are people that have never…. I feel so bad for those people.

And then there are the fakers. You know who they are. They want you to think that was the Big O, but it was just a sad imitation that left everyone a little bloated and completely unsatisfied. You just can’t fake the Big O.

I use to have them all of the time. Every chance I got, I had one. Sadly, I’ve not had one in over 7 years. Yes…..it’s been 7 years. I remember the last one like it was yesterday. When I close my eyes and think about it, I get tingly all over. But this also makes me jealous of those that can enjoy them still.

For instance, Mark can have them….I just don’t want to know about it. That would be like rubbing it in. So he has to sneak around to get his. He knows better than to discuss them with me and/or come home smelling like he’s enjoyed that bliss. Otherwise, the less I know the better…and we’re both happier for it.

But I've caught him red-handed. There was no denying. No covering it up. It was there right in front of my face. He thought he got them snuck in while I was out of town. But he just wasn't sneaky enough this time.

What did you think I was talking about?

Gotta run....

No comments:

Post a Comment